Friday, July 11, 2014

Method 9, Tell a (Digital) Story

This discovery lesson was about telling a story using photos, music, and text. I created a 30 second video project with Animoto. You can view it on the right side of the blog.

Even though I have used Windows Movie maker (see previous post here), this was a bit different. To get the free Animoto account, I could only use that short format and was limited to only a few photos and text. There was slots for both and you could re-arrange them until you were happy. I wanted to look through more of the music options but ended up choosing the default since it seemed to go with my theme.

The theme I chose, "Leave the Library" was an imaginary prompt for weary students to push aside their studies and get out of the building and get a breath of fresh air. A break with a change of scenery can refresh your mind. Using photos I had taken on the nearby walking trail, I linked photos and text together.

I was surprised how limiting even choosing text was. But, I discovered how to add sub-text and shorten my narrative to get my message across. And, I was dissappointed how the program cropped my photos without mercy.

Then, it didn't take too long to embed it on this blog. In the layout menu, I selected a gadget that accepted the html copied code. Ta-da!


No comments:

Post a Comment